23. joulukuuta 2011

Winter solstice and Merry Christmas!

 22nd of December last year we had a lovely winter weather in Finland. A lot of snow, beautiful  sun shine and the temperature some degrees below -0 Celsius. This picture is taken from my garden.


And the same place one year later as it was this year 22.12.2011:



 


Winter solstice is the darkest day of the year, but we were lucky to see the sun for a while.  I took my dog out to the forest near our house.  We both enjoyd our exercise...



The sun is setting at 2 o´clock.
What´s  that light?

 

Last night we were at a concert in  Porvoo Cathedral. A group of three tenors, Tenosissimo, as they are called,  sung wonderful Christmas carols. Later I wanted to take some pictures of the cathedral, but unfortunately I broke my camera stand, and it was difficult to keep the camera still.
I love the athmosphere of the old town.




 
You can listen one of the songs by Tenorissimo from here.


Merry Christmas to all of you!

Hyvää joulua kaikille blogi-ystävilleni!



4 kommenttia:

  1. Hyvää Joulua Sinullekin ja kaikille läheisillesi!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Mukavaa loppu vuotta sinulle. Tulin visiitille ja jäin lukijaksesi;)
    Hienoja töitä olet tehnyt,

    VastaaPoista

Kiitos kommentistasi!